We're tracking a hot selling marke for 2014
Here are some highlights:
1) As of this morning there were 5922 homes on the market, fewer than in years past.
2) There are more buyers actively searching for homes than we've seen in years past. That's due in part to confidence in the economy, interest rates remaining fairly stable and people between the ages of 25 and 35 coming into the marketplace to buy their first home.
3) Much of the east side of Louisville is red-hot when it comes to selling a home. But, the home has to be in good condition, staged correctly(that means no junk lying around, countertops cleaned of clutter and furniture laid out to take advantage of the room size) and price. In fact the homes that sold the fastest are actually priced a little below fair market value. Where personally seeing multiple offers come in on one property raising the price above market value.
4) Overprice a house by even $5000 and the home could sit for an extended period of time.
5) Single-family homes are continuing to outsell condos.
6) High-end pictures and videos are more important than ever when it comes to promoting a home, buyers will almost demand better pictures to see what a room looks like.
Property Type Year to Date...